Looking to have a fun, safe, and memorable experience in Cairns? We’ve listed a few of the most popular attractions for your convenience.
To help you get there, check out the online road map so you can enjoy a smooth drive to your destination.
Online map and road conditions
- Queensland road map and traffic conditions (continually updated by the Queensland Government)
Many tourists enjoy day trips around a 2-3 hour radius from Cairns. This may include:
- Port Douglas - for famous 4 Mile Beach and Sheraton Mirage
- Daintree – for World Heritage rainforest
- Cape Tribulation
- Tablelands - for the waterfall circuit, stunning scenery and local produce
- Mission Beach
- Millaa Millaa (there’s a nice waterway, Nandroya on the way up)
- Chillago for ‘outback’ experience with limestone caves, open cut marble mines
- Paronella Park – historical Spanish castle ruins
- Hartley’s Crocodile Adventures – educational and fun wildlife experience
- Mossman Gorge – inland swimming location and aboriginal walk
- Mareeba for mango winery and coffee plantations
- Malanda for its old cinema, kangaroo spotting, and indigenous tour
- Palm Cove for beautiful beaches, cafes and el fresco dining
- Crystal Cascades or Behana Gorge for a cool freshwater swim
- Fitzroy island for an island escape , sea kayaking and bushwalking
- Cairns City for markets, casino, live entertainment, national league basketball, lagoon pool, BBQs, kids playgrounds and shopping
- Peterson Creek in Yungaburra for platypus spotting
- Yorkeys Knob Cruise Ship Port
Please don’t hesitate to contact us and tell us your interests. We’ll gladly give you a few local tips you won’t find online or in any guidebook.